Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Chicken grooves and moves

I was just sent a link for Bird Flu M.I.A., which is a video from "M.I.A, aka London-born, Sri Lanka-raised rapper and singer Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam" shot in India, where she "discovered an amazing boy who can out dance anything i ve ever seen. He invented me the bird flu dance. I called this bird flu because this beat gon kill everyone!"

So then I gots to researching, and found not only the Jamaican interpretation of the dance that accompanies the beat of the bird flu but also the Ivory Coast version (and a story about H5N1 there too).

And that's why I love human geography, peoples.

1 Comments:

Blogger tongapup said...

Dude, I have MIA's CD. Anytime you wanna come upstairs and bust an avian move, let me know.

Thu Feb 08, 07:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home