Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's about...

... challenging preconceived ideas
See, I've been more or less convinced for the past fe
w years that the misery of the workplace is concentrated in and comes primarily from the HR department, which is typically: on side of management rather than staff; got its head up its ass when e.g. one's laid off and finds one has to call them to remind them maybe they've got some forms for one to sign or something whatever; telling you one thing, meaning quite another; etc. The mathematical formula of the devestation they can bring on the spirit of workers looks something like this:
I went into this thing pretty smug and comfortable in my paradigm, but boy am I learning a lot! The HR people with whom I've had contact at current workplace aren't so bad. Either my theorem has some big holes in it or the workplace has gone through a paradigm shift in the three years I spent teetering on the brink of poverty and precarity, because it's dawned on me that other departments can be and are just as difficult with which to deal. Other departments have an over inflated sense of importance about themselves and thwart attempts at unambiguous communications - should they decide to communicate at all. Other departments are led by someone who, I swear, was an HR professional in a past life. Hence, the important modification to the theory that HR is, in fact, not constant but can -- and should -- be replaced by the name of whatsoever department is causing your grief.

Because here at Multiworld we're about solutions - tailored solutions to your problems. And changing paradigms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home