Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The blog is back in town

Yah yah. Back by popular demand. Clearly one of you needs me. Thing is that work sucked the life out of me and I couldn’t even manage to find the energy to lift my head from my diet coke and Doritos [that is a proper noun and apparently I know enough grammar to call it such] induced haze or turn my eyes away from prime time television long enough to compose a blog entry. I don't know how you people do it that whole nine to five thing. Today I took the cat to the vet, biked to a coffee shop and did three hours of work, biked around and came home, made supper, did dishes, and crammed in another six hours of productivity [not in that order].
All on my time, sucka.
Am still freeing a lot of cells and discovered a version of Tetris [another proper noun] that is, well, totally Tetris just not called Tetris, so that cuts into some of my sched, but otherwise I am a free agent. The only labour I gots to sell is my brain thinking (see the post re bike helmets below. Brains are like my livelihood). And chewing Nicorette. I do an awful lot of that.

In other news, I am completely weirded out by how many people from high school are on facebook with photos of their offspring. But that’s maybe just as much the recoil from the bile in my mouth that results from what facebook is: a social networking site. Social and networking are two of my least favourite things. As Jinki says, I would make an ideal hermit.

Well, better get back to my game of Freecell… have got myself into a bit of a quagmire here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon - show me your facebook profile. Then we can talk some more about people and their offspring. I'm glad the blog is back.....even if this is a weird way to communicate with you. Perhaps these elctronic means of communication are ideal for the introverted hermit? But then why do I - the gregarious socialite - love the blog/flickr/book of face as well, hmm?

Tue Sep 25, 03:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Prettiebottom said...

Yes, that part. It came to me as I was writing, but then I forgot to clarify that I don't have a Facebook account. I made up a fake one that is still totally empty (I think in response to this time you "omg you have to go on Facebook to see xyz") but that's about as far as I've gone with it. I can't even remember the fake name I used.

You love these things because they are live archives ... communications theory something something culture yadda technology.

Tue Sep 25, 09:34:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home